Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Good, The Bad, and The Loving


*Special Note:  Before I start this blog, I must say that I have been a very, very bad blogger over the last month.  If you have swung by, I’m sorry that I haven’t kept it up.  (Wow.  That sounded bad).  Anyway, I have been on an extended visit to Serenity, Kansas.  But, I’ve made a quick trip home to pick up some goodies (Oooh, that sounded worse).  And, I thought it would be fun to write a quick blog…well, as quick as I can be.

For those of you who want to punish me for being such a bad blogger, feel free to get out the whips…I can take it.  Or not.  I would probably end up liking it too much and never get through this blog.  Good for me…bad for you lovely, oh-so-pervy readers out there.  So, instead of an old-fashioned spanking, how about we get to it..the blog, I mean.




I, originally, planned for this particular post to be lighthearted and fun.  I had even started a round of my favorite game, “You Might Be a Pervert If”. However, a topic came up that is a common them in my life and my stories.  But, for me, it is far more than just what I write.  It’s what I believe in, what I read about, what I watch on the big screen, and what I listen to on the radio.

This whole blog came from a remark that sent my mind into overdrive.  Someone commented that my first book, Destined to be Three, wasn’t an easy-to-come-by kind of love story.  The person meant this in a positive way, and I am not complaining.  Actually, I found it to be a highly paid compliment.  That may sound strange, but it’s the truth.

When I write a love story or hear about one, I need it to be real because love is sacred to me.  I believe that a large part of life is the love surrounding us.  Real love.  Not the superficial love that some people find.  And, definitely, not the selfish love that damages more than it enhances.  I’m talking real, everlasting, enduring love.  The kind that touches meheart and soul.
    
But, love isn’t easy to come by.  And, frankly, I don’t think it is realistic to believe it is.  It’s messy and complicated.  It’s imperfect.  And, sometimes, it’s even hard.  But those things make it worthwhile. 

Okay, okay.  It’s easy for me to spout all of these beliefs because I’m a happily married woman, and I love my husband more than life itself.  But, let me tell you, it wasn’t an easy road to get where we are today.  And it won’t be an easy road five years or fifty years from now because life isn’t easy.  We don’t float around in a perfect bubble, and everything isn’t handed to us.  

Life evolves and changes.  We are blindsided with things that we have no control over.  We lose those we love when they draw their last breath or when they move away.  We add members to our families then watch them grow into the people they were meant to be.  We deal with jobs and financial issues, friendships and illness.  Pain knocks on our front door, and we can’t send him awayno matter how hard we try. 

Even though these hard times threaten to tear us apart, we are defined by them as much as we are the good.  It makes the happy moments that much sweeter, that much more perfect.  We count or blessings more, and we see the joy in the world.

So, it is rather obvious that I would gravitate to the stories where the characters have to fight for their love and, sometimes, their very lives.  Those stories are the ones that I hold dear in my heart.  My favorite books, movies, and songs are a reflection of this.



"Remember When" by Alan Jackson
(This one inspires me.)
 



"Don't Take The Girl" by Tim McGraw
(Just love this one, in general.)





A Walk To Remember
(My absolute favorite movie of all time.)



"And Still" by Reba McEntire
(This is from Shannon's Playlist for her book.)



"Battlefield" by Jordin Sparks
(This is from Katie-Anne's playlist for her book.)



Now that I am crying like the sappy person I am, I will wind this blog up so I can go wipe my eyes.  Then, I will get back to writing about the kind of love that I cherish, the kind that can endure everything from the beginning until the end.

XOXOXO!
-Mia

“True love stories never have endings.”  -Richard Bach

No comments:

Post a Comment