Monday, August 26, 2013

Mia's Monday Madness: Music That Makes Me Think


Last night, I (like a lot of people) watched the MTV Video Music Awards. Now, I must admit that I tuned in purely for the *NSYNC reunion. Yep, I'm one of those people. But as usual, I ended up watching the show from beginning to end. And as always, I found a couple of performances that really stood out amidst a sea of severely lacking ones. Of course as I'd expected, JT and *NSYNC dominated the stage and my attention. But two other performances enthralled me: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis singing Same Love and Katy Perry rocking out to Roar. 

The thing I enjoyed most about these two performances was the songs both have strong meanings within their lyrics. The words, they make me think. They inspire me and evoke emotions inside me. Because of the strong feelings they stirred, I thought it would be appropriate to post seven of my favorite inspirational and/or thought-provoking songs on Mia's Monday Madness today.

So here it goes...in no particular order:

Same Love by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis



Roar by Katy Perry





Who’s They by Daughtry




I Believe by Blessid Union of Souls




F**kin’ Perfect by P!nk




Beautiful by Christina Aguilera




The Voice Within by Christina Aguilera




Honorable Mentions

Raise Your Glass by P!nk
Don’t Laugh at Me by Mark Wills
Skyscraper by Demi Lovato
Hands by Jewel
Who I Am by Jessica Andrews
Dare You to Move by Lifehouse

So, inquiring minds want to know. Or at least, my mind does.... Are there any songs that inspire you? Any songs that make you think? If so, what are they? And if not, what was your favorite performance at last night's VMAs? Or heck, if you want, just tell me something about the music or artists you love in the comments below. Either way, I'm all ears. 

Lots of love and cherries,
-Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment