Thursday, November 17, 2011

Extra! Extra! Read All About It!!!



In August of this year, I woke up to a reality that said to me, “If you want it, you must do it.”  For as long as I can remember, all I have ever wanted was to be three things: a wife, a mother, and a writer.  I had achieved the first two so I realized that it was time to go for gold.  No more waiting.  No more worrying.  Just doing it. 

When I say that I woke up, I don’t mean that in the literal sense.  LOL. I mean that an epiphany struck from nowhere, stealing my breath and shaking me awake.  I didn’t want to spend my whole life not taking a chance on my dreams just to protect myself from the things that scared me.  It would be far worse to be the little old lady in a rocking chair on the front porch mumbling about the what-ifs.  Honestly, I was petrified.  This possible future scared me far more than taking the actual risk.

I don’t believe in regrets.  At all.  Nor do I believe in changing the past.  Life is a gift that we only get one shot at it.  It is for living – not in the past, but in the present.  After lots of soul searching, I accepted that this is the only thing that I knew for sure I would regret if I didn’t take the leap.  So, I jumped. 

Yesterday, I found out that my dreams are coming true.  My first story has been accepted for publication by Siren Publishing.  WOO-HOO!  (Sorry, I couldn't control myself.)  Right now, I have very few details because I have known for less than twenty-four hours, but I had to share the awesome news!  Hope everyone is having a good week.  I’m so excited for Thanksgiving.  It is shaping up to be the best holiday season ever!


-Mia

                        Just For Good Measure.  Wouldn't want you to miss out on a juicy picture.





2 comments:

  1. Congrats Mia!!! and with Siren too!!! love all those authors...fav place to get my books so can not wait!!! no title no tease UGH...evil Mia!!! but yea can not wait to read what has been going thru your head...ok i scared myself there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!!! This is wonderful news. I love siren and Love this totally hot picture. I so look forward to reading your book. Cheer all you want girlie you did it!!!

    ReplyDelete