Monday, October 22, 2012

It's Coming, and I'm More Than Ready for It!






The holidays, that is! Don't think I'm not aware of where your naughty little mind went with that title. Of course, my mind always goes there when I hear the word coming so I can't tease you. But hey, that's probably no surprise. I'm not exactly known for my good behavior or squeaky clean mind. Wink, wink.

Well obviously, today is Monday which means it's time for a little more of my madness. No need to tremble in fear. I'm going to talk about something that is not easily perverted. Before any of you say it, my words were not easily. I have learned that most everything can be perverted in one way or another. But that's another blog.

So why is my madness today about holidays? That's a good question. In all honesty, this blog is not really about madness. It's about my adoration of this time of year. 


I'm talking about music that gets stuck in your head...Or at least, it does mine. I mean the kind of music that I sing until my voice cracks and someone else's ears hurt.






And I'm talking movies that you watch once a year, every year...Or yet again, at least, I do. These two are watched at my house every year without fail.







I'm talking fabulous mascots. Okay, the turkey isn't so fabulous. But Mr. Santa is. Shew! Is it hot in here? Or is it just him? *fans herself* I'm thinking it's him. But it could just be me. Wouldn't be the first time and certainly won't be the last. 



     



And I'm talking even cooler commercials and tv specials that are hallmarks of the holidays.







I'm talking about spending time with friends that you don't always get to see.





And I'm talking about coming together with the family you love...but sometimes want to kill.





And don't get me started on the food, lights, and shopping. Ooh, baby. Shopping. Shopping. Did I say shopping?





           

Keep in mind, these are only a few of the things that I love about the holidays. I could go on for days and days with all the reasons I savor Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and all the days in between. In fact, most people don't classify October as holiday time. Normally, I don't either. However, I went to a corn maze this past weekend, and it jump-started my holiday season. Being surrounded by the Fall air and the neat decorations did something for me. I can't describe it. Go figure. Usually, I get yappy and wordy. But this time, it was just...indescribable perfection. 

Now I'm ready for the holiday to get here. Thank goodness, it's coming...and soon!

Hope everyone has a terrific week. I know I will. With Three Rings and a Rose (Sweet Serenity #4) releasing Friday, I'll be flying high. Needless to say, you'll be hearing from me later this week. My poor blog is going to be tired of me by this weekend. I have plans...big plans. I'll see you all soon. XOXOXO!

Love and cherries,
-Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment