Much love and lots of kisses,
Spicy grilled chicken with a squeeze of lime on top of a whole wheat (and low carb, I might add) tortilla. The toppings include: Cilantro, Lettuce, Cheese, Black Olives, Salsa, Sour Cream, and Jalapenos. I did add a teaspoon of black beans. I'm a bad girl like that.
Low carb allows me to still have some naughty things like bacon. (Just an FYI. This was the first time I'd ever fried bacon on my own. I thought it turned out quite nicely.)
Sesame and Ginger Chicken with Stir-Fried Ginger Cabbage and Soy-Glazed Sesame Green Beans. (Do we see a pattern? I have a fetish for ginger. LOL. Not that I have tried to do anything with ginger - other than eat it.)
I cannot remember where I found the recipe for the cabbage. :(
This is a poached chicken, which tastes much better than it looks, with grilled zucchini and a cilantro and lime sauce. Talk about delicious. Yum.
Recipe at All Recipes (Cilantro Cream Sauce)
3 Large Zucchini
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper, to taste.
1. Cut the zucchini into discs.
2. Toss the zucchini with EVOO, salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
3. Once coated, cook the zucchini on a hot grill until reaches desire doneness.
1 -2 lbs of chicken
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Trim the fat off chicken (if needed) and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Place the chicken in a large pan.
3. Cover the chicken with water.
4. Bring the water and chicken to a boil.
5. Turn down the stove slightly-until the water is at a rolling boil (not a hard boil).
6. Cook the chicken until it reaches 165 degrees+.